- ICD-10-CM Codes ›
- S00-T88 Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes ›
- T66-T78 Other and unspecified effects of external causes ›
- T73- Effects of other deprivation ›
- 2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T73.0
2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T73.0
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- T73.0 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM T73.0 became effective on October 1, 2020.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T73.0 - other international versions of ICD-10 T73.0 may differ.
The following code(s) above T73.0
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T73.0
- Lengthy and continuous deprivation of food.
- Lengthy and continuous deprivation of food. (stedman, 25th ed)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to T73.0:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T73.0
Asphyxiation due to being trapped in other low oxygen environment
Asphyxiation due to unspecified cause
Effects of other deprivation
Deprivation of water
Exhaustion due to exposure
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.