- ICD-10-CM Codes ›
- G00-G99 Diseases of the nervous system ›
- G50-G59 Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders ›
- G51- Facial nerve disorders ›
- 2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G51
2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G51
Facial nerve disorders
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- G51 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM G51 became effective on October 1, 2020.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G51 - other international versions of ICD-10 G51 may differ.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disorders of 7th cranial nerve
The following code(s) above G51
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to G51
- A disorder characterized by involvement of the facial nerve (seventh cranial nerve).
- A non-neoplastic or neoplastic disorder affecting the facial nerve (seventh cranial nerve).
- Diseases of the facial nerve or nuclei. Pontine disorders may affect the facial nuclei or nerve fascicle. The nerve may be involved intracranially, along its course through the petrous portion of the temporal bone, or along its extracranial course. Clinical manifestations include facial muscle weakness, loss of taste from the anterior tongue, hyperacusis, and decreased lacrimation.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To G51
Sleep related leg cramps
Other sleep related movement disorders
Other sleep disorders
Sleep disorder, unspecified
Disorders of trigeminal nerve
Atypical facial pain
Other disorders of trigeminal nerve
Disorder of trigeminal nerve, unspecified
G51 Facial nerve disorders
Clonic hemifacial spasm
Other disorders of facial nerve
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.