- ICD-10-CM Codes ›
- G00-G99 Diseases of the nervous system ›
- G50-G59 Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders ›
- G50- Disorders of trigeminal nerve ›
- 2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G50
2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G50
Disorders of trigeminal nerve
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- G50 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM G50 became effective on October 1, 2020.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of G50 - other international versions of ICD-10 G50 may differ.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disorders of 5th cranial nerve
The following code(s) above G50
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to G50
- A disorder characterized by involvement of the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve).
- A non-neoplastic or neoplastic disorder affecting the trigeminal nerve (fifth cranial nerve).
- Diseases of the trigeminal nerve or its nuclei, which are located in the pons and medulla. The nerve is composed of three divisions: ophthalmic, maxillary, and mandibular, which provide sensory innervation to structures of the face, sinuses, and portions of the cranial vault. The mandibular nerve also innervates muscles of mastication. Clinical features include loss of facial and intra-oral sensation and weakness of jaw closure. Common conditions affecting the nerve include brain stem ischemia, infratentorial neoplasms, and trigeminal neuralgia.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- 2021 (effective 10/1/2020): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To G50
Recurrent isolated sleep paralysis
…… in conditions classified elsewhere
Sleep related movement disorders
Periodic limb movement disorder
Sleep related leg cramps
Other sleep related movement disorders
Other sleep disorders
Sleep disorder, unspecified
G50 Disorders of trigeminal nerve
Atypical facial pain
Other disorders of trigeminal nerve
Disorder of trigeminal nerve, unspecified
Facial nerve disorders
Clonic hemifacial spasm
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.